Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Goes to the Dogs

February is here, one step closer to spring, and there is plenty to celebrate beyond the usual Ground Hog Day, Valentine’s Day and President’s Day. Nothing against Presidents or Ground Hogs, but there is a lot more to February than hearts and flowers. Here’s to some of the weird and wacky celebrations this month.

Go get yourself some pie because February is Great American Pie Month.
And give a slice to your mail carrier on February 4th - Thank a Mail Carrier Day.

Then on the 7th - Wave all your fingers at Your Neighbor Day (not kidding) No little hand raise, or thumbs up, you must give a big five finger wave to all your neighbors.

February 11th is a day to recognize that sh** happens. And when it does, don’t worry, or fret or cry over it, because it’s Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day.

I’ll leave it up to you whether you celebrate February 16th - Do a Grouch a Favor Day.

But February is a great month to be a dog. February 20th is Love Your Pet Day. The 22nd is Walking the Dog Day and the 23rd is International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day.


Possibly the best day of the month is February 27th - a day that requires absolutely no thinking, studying or analysis of any kind - No Brainer Day.

Rounding out the bizarre celebrations for the month, February 28th is a day to doze at the beach, sleep on a park bench, catch twenty winks on the bus or subway, or catch a few ZZZZs on the job with no worries because it is -
Public Sleeping Day.

So have a great month. And feel free to comment on anyway you might be celebrating.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne. This was a cute post and I'll look forward to February 20th, though really every day is Love your Pet Day for me! Take care, Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The photo is of my two - Moxie and Zeus. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting the 28th on my calendar for sure!

    I popped over from Susanne's site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I hear ya! The way I am feeling today I could use a month of Public Sleeping.

    ReplyDelete