Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Be Kind to Writer's and Editor's

I was doing some research and found out that this month, September is
Be Kind to Writer's and Editor's Month. How cool is that? Our very own month where others should be KIND to us. It's nice to be thought of.

We share the month.
September is also Pink Flamingo Month, National Potato Month and Save the Tiger Month.

But back to our writerly pursuits, September is also officially
Adult Literacy Month and Read-A -New Book Month.


I'm off to put the pink flamingo on the lawn, have a potato and start a new book.

How will you celebrate this prestigious month? Feel free to share.

4 comments:

  1. I have a classmate whose birthday is on National Talk Like A Pirate Day. It's in September, either the 17th or 19th. She's very proud of this fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKenzie, I bet that is a lot of fun for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Chris who had trouble posting...

    I learned from my daughter, Teresa, that eating two potatoes a day is supposed to help with hypertension. I imagine that means baked potatoes without butter, sour cream or cheese. I am happy to eat potatoes to celebrate the month while I continue being kind to Cara Black, a writer, by reading the fourth in her Aimee Leduc series about a young, female detective who lives Paris. As for pink flamingoes and tigers, I hope that every month is their month.
    Enjoy the month and be kind to yourself.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris, I will have to check out Cara Black and enjoy your potatoes.

    ReplyDelete