Thanks to my good friend, author and fellow blogger Jillian Chantal I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog award. Given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
So here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award- Thanks Jillian.
- Add the award logo to your blog.
- Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
- Share eleven random facts about yourself.
- Write eleven questions for your nominees and then…
- Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)
Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
The Questions Jillian Posed:
What makes you the most eager to write? What inspires you to grab the pen or keyboard?
That’s easy, getting time by myself away, just me, the keyboard and my characters. Especially if I’ve had sudden inspiration which usually happens while in the shower or on the treadmill.
What’s your favorite snack when writing?
I try not to snack while writing (I hate getting crumbs in the keyboard) LOL. But does wine count? No crumbs, and usually inspiration peaks.
What fictional character would you like to have tea with?
I would love to have tea with my current work in process heroine, maybe she could spill all and writing her story would be easier. LOL.
What’s a setting you haven’t used in a story but want to?
Favorite time of year? Why?
Spring - April and May because both my birthday and mother’s day fall and I can do whatever I like on those days.
My sign is Aries - the Ram. I’d like to think I’m not ram-worthy stubborn but I do have lots of energy.
Favorite British Isle? Scotland because my last name Purvis originates there, and of course Sean Connery’s accent.
Snow or rain? Why? Definitely rain. I lived in Canada for most of my life, I’ve seen enough snow. And you don’t have to shovel rain.
What dream have you had that has come true? Having a daughter and a son.
Name your fictional twins born on another planet. Why choose these names? What’s the name of the planet?
Help! I have no idea! So let’s go with A Flat and G Sharp (the twins) on the planet Mus-ic-ir-if.
Tell me which of the above questions was the most fun to answer? Dumbest?
The most fun to answer was probably the British Isles question. The dumbest for me is the fictional twins because Yikes! No Sci Fi knowledge.
Eleven Random Facts about Me:
- I love Shea Butter creams, lotions and potions.
- Most of my house has yellow ceilings
- Small rodents freak me out
- I usually have polished toenails - red usually - never fingernails
- Discovered caramel and peanut butter together - yum
- I love coniferous trees - pine, spruce, Douglas Fir
- I rarely play music in the car - silence or audio books
- I-10 is my favorite road to travel
- Love my popcorn with olive oil and parmesan cheese (a lot of both)
- I still use an ancient cell phone and only a handful (less than 5) know the number
- I’m a Junior Olympic Champion in the back crawl
My Eleven Nominees Are:
- Joyce Harmon - http://joyceharmon.wordpress.com
- Christine Ashworth - http://christine-ashworth.com
- Marion L - http://marian-l.blogspot.com/
- Cassandra Shaw - http://www.twystedwriter.com/
- GE Stills - http://authorgestills.blogspot.com
- Zee Monodee - http://zeemonodee.blogspot.com/
- Janice Seagraves - http://ladyjanice.blogspot.com/
- Trisha Faye - http://trishafaye.wordpress.com/
- Kathryn Esplin http://montrealquebectravel.blogspot.com/
- Cathy Shouse http://janejamesproject.blogspot.com/
- Mark Hunter http://markrhunter.blogspot.com/
- What’s your favorite writing quote?
- What’s the last good book you read?
- What’s the last good movie you watched?
- What’s your favorite fast food?
- How much cash is usually in your wallet?
- If you could travel to anywhere, where would you go?
- Do you have a favorite show on the Food Network? Which one?
- Crosswords or Sudoku?
- Where’s your favorite place to shop?
- Beach, mountains or desert?
- What’s your favorite children’s book?
Feel Free to Comment on part of the post or your favorites.