No, I’m not talking about my new philosophy after reading 50 Shades of Gray, LOL.
I am talking about my latest mantra on the road to publication.
I frequently spout to my fellow author friends (usually when they are feeling beat down from another rejection) that it took 60 submissions for Kathryn Stockett author of The Help to get accepted. And I recently read of a published author whose magic number was 81.
So submit, submit, submit.
Then I found this quote:
You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. (Isaac Asimov)
So I keep on keeping on. And submitting.
My wonderful instructor/author/cyber-friend Devon Ellington gave me the “Seven Things About Me Award” thank you Devon and here are my seven things...
- I’ve concocted by own alcoholic beverage I call Naked Jose - 1.5oz tequila (gold Jose Cuervo preferred), 1oz triple sec, splash of lime juice, dash salt and 4 - 8oz of Naked Green Machine - boosted fruit smoothie.
- I love to read middle grade novels where I often laugh out loud - right now I’m reading “How Lamar’s Bad Prank won a Bubba-Sized Trophy” by Crystal Allen - hilarious
- I hate gardening even though I come from a long line of gardeners - might be the snakes.
- I don’t text - maybe the last person in the US.
- I might be a math geek, I do Sudukos everyday, for fun.
- I love libraries but hate used book stores.
- Visiting California is still on my bucket list.
A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn. ~Author Unknown
As always... feel free to comment.